Martes, Enero 7, 2014

My Sambong Juice...



Sambong juice

One of my favorite juices of all time is Sambong juice. It is made up of sambong leaves only, no sweeteners like sugar or honey for me, boiled up in less than 5 minutes or less then viola!
 
from google
Ready to drink.


I was having a hard time with my UTi every year. I was scared really that it might leads into complications to my kidney. Aside from the antibiotic intake, sinasabayan ko ng pag inom nito. Plus the yearly check up of my urine to check if it is within the normal range. Nakakatakot kaya.

My previous house helper planted this miraculous plant outside our house and now parang gubat na sya sa lago. Twice a week I asked my helper to prepare me this. Parang naging routine ko na ring uminom nito. Though the taste is not that good, I just think na lang that it is good for my health.

And thank goodness, after two years of drinking this religiously, last November our annual physical check up shows good results! No UTi! Yahoooo!

So I make a pact to myself that even though I don’t have my “alaga” anymore, I will still continuously drink sambong juice twice a week just to make sure and for a healthier living na din.

Dami kayang benefits ng sambong, here basahin nyo…

================================================================

Excerpts from www.gourmet.com.ph

Sambong helps manage hypertension
Because of its diuretic property, sambong facilitates elimination of excess fluids and salt through the urine. It helps keep fluid and electrolyte balance to maintain normal blood pressure.

Sambong keeps the kidneys healthy
Studies have shown that sambong helps delay renal failure for those who are at risk. One way is by dissolving kidney stones through its flavonoid components. Kidney stones (urolithiases) are known risk factors for kidney failure.

Sambong fights cancer
Experiments have shown the ability of sambong to fight cancer cells, particularly in liver carcinoma and leukemia. Further studies are being conducted to consider the added benefits of including sambong in cancer treatments.

Sambong fights fungi and microbes
About 50 active components of sambong have been identified and they represent more than 99% of its total oil content. These components have antifungal and antimicrobial properties. They also have analgesic properties and help control fever.

Sambong relieves stomach ailments
Taken as tea, the leaves of sambong help control diarrhea and relieve stomach pains. Traditionally, sambong leaves are ground to a paste and applied to the stomach. The relief appear to be comparable.

Sambong is now registered and approved by the Food and Drug Administration as a medicine.
========================================================================

O di ba, ang galing galing!

Opkors, I also drink buko juice once in a while pag naka duty si manong sa kanto namin. Mas masarap talaga si buko pero kulang sakin ang isang fresh buko that cost us Php 20 na. And that will be my next post along with my detox juice din.

Gotta go! Kulugo…


Exclusive Forkeeps



Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento